Saturday, March 14, 2009

HTML error codes

Have you ever encountered an error saying "The reference to entity "br" must end with the ';' delimiter"? If you are not an HTML expert, you will really wonder what went wrong when it fact you just copy and pasted the codes on your HTML format pad or on your blog. I too, wondered if I have copy pasted the wrong code. So, to solve the issue, I consulted Google. I asked, "hey Google, what is this error message about, and how can I fix it?" (*wink) There are a few good answers about it, and the solution is actually very simple.

Here is the original code:

"http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=1081025&br=1">




Here's the code after doing a simple trick:

"http://ads.adbrite.com/mb/text_group.php?sid=1081025
&ampbr;=1">


Did you spot the difference? Well, I just changed the &br to &br; Remember to put a semi colon after the br, else your HTML code won't be accepted again.

There you go! A simple HMTL tip I learned today.

No comments:

Chitika